Not logged in
Kid's Yoga and Imaginative Movement
Sign up will begin in September and will run in 5 weeks blocks. Stay Tuned for Details
This class is open to all children Preschool to 5th Grade. It is not necessary for parents to attend this class, but you can feel free to watch if you would like. Please Pre-Register by the Thursday before Each Retreat to assure there is space for
No special equipment needed, we will provide mats and any other appropriate materials for the classes.
Yoga can offer many benefits to a growing body:
Relief of Muscle Pain
Improved Heart Function
Strengthened Internal Organs
Enhanced Concentration and Focus
Improved Self Esteem
All poses and activities will be developmentally appropriate and can be modified to meet physical, sensory or special needs. Non-Toxic Yoga mats and Yoga props are provided at no extra charge.
Your child will learn creative dance moves.
Learn to move their body through stories and dance. Express
their emotions and release tension through movement.
- Develop strong and healthy bodies and brains through movement and exercise.
– Increase body awareness, control, balance, and coordination. Moving through the Brain, Dance patterns help align body parts and develops the vestibular system.
• Release energy through positive physical activity.
- Aerobic exercise creates a healthy heart and releases the feel-good chemical serotonin.
• Learn to cooperate with others through partner and group work.
“• Practice self-discipline through sharing space, and interacting safely with other dancers. “Look for the empty space as you dance in general space with other dancers.”
• Discover the value of individual differences and appreciate diverse cultural expression.
• Learn a universal, nonverbal language that is inclusive of all cultures and abilities.
• Become more self-aware by expressing feelings through movement. Contrasting movements help define feelings which lead to appropriate behavior.
• Increase self-esteem through positive and noncompetitive experiences.
• Feel the joy and satisfaction of expressing his or her own thoughts through movement and voice.
• Acquire a movement vocabulary, both verbal and physical, applicable to all areas of a child’s life.
• Develop problem-solving skills through the experience of solving movement problems. “How many different ways can
you move on three body parts”?
• Strengthen the ability to listen and follow directions.
• Increase learning in other curricular areas such as reading, math and science.
- Develop neural pathways through movement patterning that are essential to language acquisition, reading readiness, and mathematical ability. Research has shown that perceptual/motor ability is related to the acquisition of more complex skills.
ARTS AND CRAFTS
We enhance the experience to really make the retreat a “treat” for all children by offering a craft or art project to break up the Yoga class and to let the creative juices flow.
New projects are chosen each month and each child will bring home their own personal creation
Snacks and Beverages
We want to stress the idea of health and wellness, so we just ask that each child brings a bottle of water - not a juice or a carbonated beverage. Occasionally, we may provide snacks in the way of raw vegetables or cut fruit only. Please advise us of there are any allergy concerns with your child and we will try and accommodate.
We require a minimum of 10 participants to hold the class and encourage children to bring their friends as it can boost their confidence and form a healthy bond between the friends. However, this is also a fun opportunity for children to meet other children of varying ages..
We process through paypaL, but it is not necessary to have a paypal account